American Gothic



In 1994, my grandparents moved from their home in Exton, PA to a retirement community in Lancaster, PA. For years my grandmother was fascinated by Grant Wood's American Gothic and had decorated a basement wall with parodies of the painting from newspaper and magazine articles, greeting cards and more.

When they moved someone in the family put the collection in a binder so she'd still have it to look at. She's now almost 93 and was wondering if anyone else had the same fascination. Google didn't turn much up.

So I figured I'd post them up here for her -- she's a little obsessed with knowing if anyone else has the same fascination. And, after all, everything needs to be on the internet, right? If you have examples of American Gothic parodies let me know or send them in.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

American Gothic Cats Jewelry